Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My First Movie Review

Mary Poppins
Brainstorming
1. I like the parrot on Mary Poppins' umbrella.
2. The kids and Mary Poppins have very rosy cheeks.
3. I like Burt's chalk drawings.
4. I like the chimney dance.
5. The makeup for the smoke scene is terrible.
6. Mary Poppins seems really full of herself.
7. I like the line, "don't be cheeky, Micheal."
8. I also like the line, "shut your mouth Micheal, you are not a codfish."
9. I think its a classic when Mary Poppins descends from the sky on her umbrella.
10. The dog in the movie is really cute.
11. It was really creepy when the old banker died laughing.
12. The room of bankers is really red and velvety.
13. I like when Mary Poppins pulls a lamp out of her purse.
14. Mary's bag is made out of carpet.
15. I like the animated penguins.

Review of Mary Poppins
         When I was younger I used to love Mary Poppins. Her rosy cheeks and creamy skin hypnotized me and I almost passed out with excitement when everybody jumped into Burt's chalk drawing. When my little brother started watching Mary Poppins a few months ago, I was reaquainted with my old friend. I still love the scene when they jump into the sidewalk, but now Mary Poppins seems a little more cocky and annoying then sweet and "practically perfect in every way." When we got to the scene where the bankers fire the Mr. Banks, I couldn't help but notice how creepy they all were. The room was completely red and velvety, a sort of banker's hell which not even Dick Van Dyke could make remotely cheerful. And then Mr. Banks had to go and tell that joke. When the head banker started floating in the air laughing, I was officially freaked out. Later on, the bankers had to ruin a perfectly good, kite-flying day by announcing that the head banker had died laughing. But my favorite part had passed the test of time. Those dancing penguins. They are guaranteed to make anyone smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment